Wednesday, July 25, 2012

South and Middle Parks

Got to thinking about it the other day, and I've gotten to camp in all my fav spots this summer.  Got my fav spot at Elevenmile Reservoir couple weeks back.  Didn't catch any fish, but had a good time paddling around.  It was hot.  You know it's hot when you sit in the shade with your mister in South Park at eight thousand feet or so.  It got up to 88 that afternoon.  Had a couple of antelope walk by going to the lake for water.  Certainly no water anywhere else out there.  It was dry, dry, dry.  Been that kind of summer.  In fact, I could see a pyro cumulus to the east with the Springer fire.   Always lots of horned larks around the campground. 







Week later went up to camp next to the Colorado River just west of Hot Sulphur Springs.  Lots of green-tailed towhees around there.  Pretty butterfly.  Haven't looked it up, yet.  Cute little baby bunny hanging around camp.  In the morning, I was out looking for birds, and out of the corner of my eye I see this fledgling brown bird, and a little yellow warbler keeps flying over it.  Then I notice the warbler is feeding it.  I realize it's a cowbird chick obviously raised by the warblers.  Pretty unusual to see this tiny little yellow bird taking care of fledgling twice it's size. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The two birds are super cute!!! That antelope kind of looks like you dude!!!

    ReplyDelete