Thursday, December 2, 2010

Red Rocks Birding







Haven't been out shooting anything for the blog in a long time. Was so nice today, I headed out early to Trading Post at Red Rocks Park to look for the Harris's Sparrow, Golden Crowned Sparrow, and Curved-bill Thrasher being reported there. Quite a few folks and lots of birds. The feeders there attract not only a lot of birds, but also squirrels, and chipmunks. There were lots of Scrub Jays, House Finches, and English Sparrows. Pretty soon the Harri's came out. Very striking Sparrow. Got a few shots. There's also been a White-throated Sparrow reported and he made a very brief appearance, but stayed well back in the brush. The Golden Crowned also came out very briefly, but I mean brief. I don't think anyone got a shot. The Curved-bill Thrasher was quite cooperative. Those yellow eyes are quite remarkable. Also a Flicker or two, and a Spotted Towhee.

Met a fellow named Ken who wanted me to send him a shot of the Harri's, but I quite promptly came home and put my pants with his card in the wash. Sorry. If you'll drop me a line, I'll be glad to send you a couple, Ken. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment